Salem High School
Mr. Cody Curtis
High School Principal
Greyhound High School News March 8, 2019
Mission Statement: It is the mission of Salem Schools to educate all students by providing a challenging curriculum that promotes higher-order thinking skills, technology integration, and problem-solving through relevant and engaging activities. We will provide the experiences necessary for all students to become college and career ready.
- March 14- Parent Teacher Conferences 3:00-7:00
- March 14- Spring Blood Drive
- Sign up in the office starting February 25, 2019
- March 18th-22nd- Spring Break
- April 6- Prom 8:00 pm-12:00
- April 9th & 10th- ACT Aspire Testing, Grades 7-10
- April 11- 4th Quarter Progress Reports go out
- April 13- April ACT Test
- April 15- Be Pro Be Proud day for interested students in grades 10-12
- May 13- High School Graduation 7:00 pm
o Beta Club
Quote of the Year:
Quote of the week:Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get by, and the only thing that's wrong is to get caught. ~J. C. Watts
A new study shows that in this day and time, that more people are addicted to prescription pills than tobacco.
Eating Vegetables will improve your health. They are rich in vitamins, minerals, fiber, antioxidants and an endless variety of trace nutrients that science has just begun to uncover. In observational studies, eating vegetables is associated with improved health and a lower risk of disease
Lack of exercise is now causing as many deaths as smoking across the world
Wash your hands before every meal
Over 30% of cancer could be prevented by avoiding tobacco and alcohol, having a healthy diet and physical activity.
Sleeping less than 7 hours each night reduces your life expectancy